• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Got some new mags

Started by Zenshot, September 05, 2018, 10:27:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenshot

Got some new mags from Remington last week. I ran 100 rounds through them, including 50 hollow point and flat points that would jam in my old mags. Everything worked well with the new mags. I did not load them in a 7 + 1 configuration, only 6 +1. 
The new mags have no obvious difference but the springs feel a little more firm. Maybe just because the springs are new? Anyway, they're working so that's what matters.
-David

armed citizen

That is the trick!  Load 6 in the mag and one in the pipe for flawless operation.  If you can't stop the bad guy with 7 rounds, better throw the gun at him!
armed citizen

R51Fan2017

7 warning shots and 1 lethal throw!  ;D Just kidding! Glad they are working for you!
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

Zenshot

Well, still not 100% with hollow points. The second round from the top will sometimes catch on the indentation on the front of the magazine. The rest of the rounds in the mag feed fine. It seems like a weak spring since it works with fewer rounds in the mag.
-David