• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Sturmgewehr 44

Started by R51Fan2017, July 04, 2018, 11:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R51Fan2017

Finally got my hands on one of these beauties! Made by German Sport Guns in Germany. Unfortunately it is in .22 LR and not the original 8mm Kurz, but oh well, I probably won't ever be able to afford a $20,000 dollar rifle, so I guess I have to be content with this until they come out with a bigger caliber companion for this one.
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

funflyer

I like it, pretty cool 8). How many rounds does the mag hold? I didn't know GSG made something like that. Not knowing much, or anything really, about the WWII rifle, I looked it up and came across this article. Talk about an ignorant woman. The least she could have done was to talk to a gun store to know what she had. A collector would have gladly taken it out of circulation for her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2245749/Officers-stunned-woman-drops-40-000-WWII-German-rifle-destroyed-police-buy-program.html

R51Fan2017

Quote from: funflyer on July 05, 2018, 09:32:57 AM
I like it, pretty cool 8). I didn't know GSG made something like that. Not knowing much about the WWII rifle, I looked it up and came across this article. Talk about an ignorant woman. The least she could have done was to talk to a gun store to know what she had. A collector would have gladly taken it out of circulation for her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2245749/Officers-stunned-woman-drops-40-000-WWII-German-rifle-destroyed-police-buy-program.html

Thank you! It shoots very well, and is a tack driver at 25 yards. Shame that a collector didn't get first picks on that one in the article. Just goes to show you, that unless your kids promise to pass it down, it needs to go to a good home while you are still on this side of the grave. At least it was spared. Have you heard about that stash of 5000 they found in Syria a few years back? I wish we could bring those home.
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

R51Fan2017

Finally, the post I have been meaning to post for a week. Got some time this afternoon to staple a target and shoot for a few minutes. This is the result from 30 yards, and elevation raised to the 8 m mark. Very pleased to say the least. Especially considering I was shooting $1.90 a box Armscor ammo.

- Larry Elder

johnnysR51

nice shooting ,looking forward to getting back to shoot and carry again , sitting in new jersey , cant waite to back to florida less than 60 days ,  johnnysr61
Johnny'sR51

R51Fan2017

Quote from: johnnysR51 on July 28, 2018, 01:23:33 PM
  nice shooting ,looking forward to getting back to shoot and carry again , sitting in new jersey , cant waite to back to florida less than 60 days ,  johnnysr61

Thanks Johnny! Hope you have had a good summer! I know that 60 days can't pass fast enough!  :) Oh, well, you aren't missing much. Here in LA its been over 100 the past several weeks. I will be happy when the temps cool down a bit in the next 60 so I can spend more time outside shooting!

- Larry Elder

funflyer

Very nice shootin' for iron sights Sean. I need to get out this week or next for a 22lr day. I've been depleting my stock of .380 and .45 lately which is going to hurt when I have to replenish it. I really should learn to reload :)

R51Fan2017

Quote from: funflyer on July 29, 2018, 06:15:07 PM
Very nice shootin' for iron sights Sean. I need to get out this week or next for a 22lr day. I've been depleting my stock of .380 and .45 lately which is going to hurt when I have to replenish it. I really should learn to reload :)

Thank you sir! I have been having so much fun with my .22s lately in the afternoons, my big bore, artillery pieces have been shelved for the time being. Not to mention, the old warhorses I have are getting TOOOO pricey to feed!  :o I reload, but it's just taking the time to go out to the shop and do it that I have trouble with. In the long run, it's probably cheaper to find bulk ammo on sale with free shipping.

- Larry Elder