• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Thanks for the hardy welcome

Started by wheelspinner, June 06, 2018, 01:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheelspinner

I am also fortunate to live in a gun friendly state....Florida. I am not a collector but I do accumalate guns. I found the R51 and it's little brother at a chain store in Ocala called "Rural King". I bought both on the same day and have never been so surprised. The 51 was....on second thought I may not say how much I paid cause it may cause a rush across the border to Florida and we already have enough new comers to this state.
Just let me say I got a really good deal on both guns and really like them. I carry the Rm.380 in a "sneaky pete" that is perfectly fitted to that gun. The R51 is in a side drawer by my TV chair.
I look forward to some friendly chatter on guns in general.
Ask the American Indian what he thinks of the Government that said "we are here to help you".

R51Fan2017

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you! The R51 wouldn't make a bad house gun, but for me, it is my daily carry gun. The  S&W .44 mag is the home gun!
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

springfield art

I believe the early problems the R51 had are making them a bit hard to sell. That may be why the Florida prices were so reasonable. I notice the gun shop where I bought my R51 still has Rem. pistols, but no more R51's. Maybe the Company is quietly winding down production. I had no beef with my R51, and many on the Forum seem to like them as well. Don't you all wish there was some kind of permit we could get to allow us to buy handguns at dealers outside of our own State? Oh, well, it's not the early 1960's anymore! Great reading others' experiences with them, and holster issues as well. Regards to all.

DryrotUK1985

greetings. i know the rural king in ocala very well, have a house in inverness. i too lament the fact i cant buy out of state without a ton of paperwork. primary residence is in the anti gun state of new york.