• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Cheap R51 mags available

Started by Zenshot, June 04, 2018, 10:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenshot

Was checking around on prices for R51 mags.  Tombstone Tactical has 73 available at $9.95 each.
-David

R51Fan2017

"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

koop

shinerjohn

shinerjohn

I received an email from Tombstone Tactical informing me that the cheap magazines are gone. They do have some from another distributor but they're more expensive.  They asked me what to do.  I said to cancel the order. 

Where I come from, if you advertise a product at a price and accept an order for same, you sell the item for exactly what advertised it.  You do NOT wait 2 days from accepting the order before claiming it's gone. To me, this smells....

Zenshot

That's pretty lousy. They showed that they had a bunch of them.
-David

R51Fan2017

Talk about not taking care of their customers. Where I come from, you do whatever it takes to make the customer happy. And you sure as heck don't pull something like this on a paying customer.
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

shinerjohn

Makes me wonder if they even had any for $9.99!  Can you say: Bait and switch??

funflyer

I've been in TT a few times and they really don't keep much in stock. They have a showcase with a pretty good selection but that's where it stops. As for being a bit "shady", I can see that. There's only two stores, one by me and the other down in Phoenix and they can't even keep track of their own internet sale prices. I bought two pistols from them and, both times they tried to charge more until I asked them to check their website. They acted surprised when they saw the pricing compared to the in-store price sheet. Kind of felt like going to car dealership.

R51Fan2017

Quote from: funflyer on June 08, 2018, 09:14:56 AM
I bought two pistols from them and, both times they tried to charge more until I asked them to check their website. They acted surprised when they saw the pricing compared to the in-store price sheet. Kind of felt like going to car dealership.

Not a good sign. Hard to tell if they think you are a dummy, and try to make a sell for higher than listed, or if they really are ignorant. Number one rule in that business, or any business for that matter, is KNOW YOUR PRODUCT, and EVERYTHING ABOUT THAT PRODUCT (i.e. price, availability, etc.) Speaks to the employees shame more than anything. This is simple stuff they should be checking.

- Larry Elder