• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

A bit of a humorous story...

Started by Seeleenickel, June 02, 2018, 01:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seeleenickel

The day I purchased my R-51 I brought it home, had not even fired it yet, and was sitting at my computer with the pistol on the desk (so I could get info off  it) while I registered the pistol with Remington online for the warranty, and printed out the rebate forms and such.  I had the empty box sitting on the floor next to me.

I like to keep my factory boxes, and keep them nice, so I generally store them in an attic space in one of my outbuildings so they'll stay nice and dry and in good shape.  (Don't know why I have a "thing" about it, since I never sell a gun anyway, but it was something my dad did.)

While I was typing and filling out forms, and checking and double-checking that I had everything correct with the serial number, etc. I happened to glance down at one point and was surprised to see my dog, Jillaroo, a Corgi-Blue Heeler-Mutt mix, sitting there, and apparently she'd been sitting there licking the R-51's empty factory box for a bit already....the top of the box was all damp and mottled, and the pup's tongue was turning green!  Well gosh darn it!  So much for keeping THAT box nice!  And on a just purchased brand-spanking new pistol I hadn't even had for an hour yet, ta boot!  ::)

Well, I dried it out, and touched up the white/mottled areas with a green marker that doesn't quite match the original green, but it's as good as it's gonna get, considerin'. 

I've had that dog since it was born, and she's about 9-10 years old now, and I've never seen it lick a cardboard box before.  I have no idea why the dog would be attracted to the flavor of a brand new R-51 box...I'm thinking maybe vegetable based inks?  ;D

R51Fan2017

I am right there with you on keeping the boxes. I have a part of my closet behind my row of shirts hanging up that I stow them behind. The rest are under the bed. Over time, if the gun is properly taken care of, I believe that it helps add value to the gun. Like you said though, I don't plan on ever getting rid of any  ::) but if I ever HAD to, it would be a good bonus to the buyer! And to me too (maybe)!
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder