• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

More than one R-51

Started by Sirrus Rider, April 03, 2019, 10:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirrus Rider

I've got the itch to buy a backup R-51, but I can't decide whether I want a laser equipped (CT Model) $318, Smoke $220, or another Black $211. I currently have a Black Charlotte NC, The CT model with the laser seems like a good out-of-the-box "Bump-in-the-night" companion to my current gun. I'm also curious to see if the later Huntsville guns are any better than the Charlotte guns. My Question is what are the forum's thoughts on a second gun. Anyone have more than one? What was your rationale?

Zenshot

I have a Charlotte and a Huntsville R51.  Both work fine. The only issues with the R51 are with the magazines.

I picked up a second one because Remington was running a $100 rebate at the time. 
-David

Swschu

Get a smoke....with grey and white g10 grips.

4 Ghost

Quote from: Sirrus Rider on April 03, 2019, 10:25:22 PM
I've got the itch to buy a backup R-51, but I can't decide whether I want a laser equipped (CT Model) $318, Smoke $220, or another Black $211. I currently have a Black Charlotte NC, The CT model with the laser seems like a good out-of-the-box "Bump-in-the-night" companion to my current gun. I'm also curious to see if the later Huntsville guns are any better than the Charlotte guns. My Question is what are the forum's thoughts on a second gun. Anyone have more than one? What was your rationale?
One in black and a 2 Tone.  At todays prices, why not?

FlatEarther

I am within driving distance of Grab-a-gun so can buy there with no shipping or FFL fees added...
Was going there today to pickup another purchase and thought why not?
So $209 + tax got me another black R51 with Huntsville serial number  ;) ... Joe

renoel55

Purchased a second R51 from Bud's last week; at $199 the price was too good to pass up, and I wanted my son to have one.  Haven't picked it up yet, however ...  With the impending social unrest (as lots of people seem to think), the normal 15-20 minute wait at our local FFL to get the Fed's approval is now taking two days.  Now, if I could only find ammo that's reasonably priced.  :-(