• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Rifle Confiscation in Illinois

Started by R51Fan2017, April 06, 2018, 09:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R51Fan2017

Sad day for this country when they start to confiscate firearms from law abiding citizens. Deerfield, Illinois is giving its citizens about a month or so to turn in their rifles, or face harsh fines for not complying. As absurd as it is, a Ruger 10/22 is considered a "assault rifle" by their standards.
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

funflyer

Turn in my rifles? What rifles? I don't own any rifles ;)

Engineerpower

Cameron Husk
Dir, Engineering - DangerCo, LLC

"Therefore, worry not for the morrow; the morrow shall worry for itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." -Matthew 6:34

R51Fan2017

No mention whatsoever on ammunition. Who knows what the plan is for that. Todd, good response  ;)
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

DUTCH Van Atlanta

They could learn a lesson from one of our Georgia County Sheriffs.

Yes, this is a real sign.
"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." - Clint Eastwood

R51Fan2017

Quote from: DUTCH Van Atlanta on April 07, 2018, 04:21:48 PM
They could learn a lesson from one of our Georgia County Sheriffs.

Yes, this is a real sign.

I love it!!! We need more like him!

- Larry Elder

johnnysR51

Now that is my kind of LAWMAN ,,,,,,
                                                                     johnnysr51
Johnny'sR51

DUTCH Van Atlanta

And then there's Kennesaw, GA, an Atlanta suburb and not in Harris County:
QuoteIn Kennesaw, Georgia, local law says that "every head of household residing in the city limits is required to maintain a firearm."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/06/us/kennesaw-georgia-gun-ownership/index.html

Good thinking folks here in Georgia! 
"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." - Clint Eastwood

R51Fan2017

I always said that Georgians were smart folks! Guess this is proving me right!  ;) In Massachusetts during colonial times, you were required to have a gun of some type, and carry it with you where ever you went. If you were caught without it, you were immediately fined. Massachusetts now is unrecognizable from that standpoint today.

- Larry Elder

russc2542

At xmas, my mom asked if we'd ever come back to live closer in IL again. Luckily there are plenty of reasons and didn't have to break it to her that her little boy actually has those loud horrible things in the house, not to mention how many qualify as evil assault weapons.

R51Fan2017

The Louisiana legislature here just ruled against banning assault rifle purchases for those 18 and under. I can't say there is much to be proud about Louisiana politics, but this I am proud of! We are all rednecks down here!!! Don't mess with us!

- Larry Elder

DUTCH Van Atlanta

The problem in Georgia is that we're getting too many damned Yankees moving in, and bringing their liberal politics with them.  As a result, the Georgia General Assembly is becoming afraid to do much in the way of pro-gun legislation; but Georgia Carry.org keeps on pressing them.