• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

R51 Barrel

Started by johnnysR51, March 27, 2018, 08:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnysR51

Today I received a package from Indiana.,  I field strip my r51 and installed its New barrel

" johnny"

johnnysr51
Johnny'sR51

Engineerpower

Cameron Husk
Dir, Engineering - DangerCo, LLC

"Therefore, worry not for the morrow; the morrow shall worry for itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." -Matthew 6:34

R51Fan2017

"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

David

Got mine today too.

If the ribs on the thread protector were perpendicular to the barrel instead of barrel to the barrel, it would make a great grip for disassembly.

My guess is that thread protector is a stock part and comes the way it does.

Engineerpower

Correct, knurling in line with the bore axis is the standard. On future runs, we could offer checkering or diagonal knurling to help in disassembly.
Cameron Husk

"Therefore, worry not for the morrow; the morrow shall worry for itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." -Matthew 6:34

David

A  little more looking shows thread protectors are common, low profile, and inexpensive.  I would suggest no need to modify your design.

https://www.midwayusa.com/barrel-thread-protectors/br?cid=21321

Rog54

Either of you shot the new barrel yet?  Accuracy the same?

Rog
Rog

David

Rog

I haven't noted any difference.  Just drop it in and squeeze the trigger.  It was as easy as a R51 allows.

David

russc2542

The seemingly small increase in diameter of the barrel nut more than makes up for the direction of the knurles. it's easier to hold on to the nut than the original barrel.

Rog54

Saw the post and of course can't find it now.  Where do we get these barrels?
Rog

johnnysR51

send >>engineerpower,,,,,,,,a emai
                                                 johnnysr51l
Johnny'sR51

Rog54

Rog

Engineerpower

I sell them at our online store: www.dangerco.us
Make sure you use coupon code R51FORUM for $25 off and free shipping!
Cameron Husk