• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

They Have Done It

Started by R51Fan2017, March 26, 2018, 07:23:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R51Fan2017

Remington filed for Chapter 11. Glad that they will be able to continue production during this process and hopefully get back up and going again.

http://www.ksla.com/story/37806262/gun-maker-remington-files-for-bankruptcy

Notice how the liberal media inserted the completely off the wall comment about Remington being the maker of the Bushmaster Ar-15 that was in Sandy Hook Elementary (Ooooooo evil AR's and evil gunmaker!!). Also, they are not the oldest gun maker in the world. I think that title goes to Beretta. They are however the oldest gun maker in the U.S.
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

DUTCH Van Atlanta

Here's another article from a finance website.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/gunmaker-remington-files-bankruptcy-024501891--sector.html

This one does get it right about Remington being the oldest in the US.
"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." - Clint Eastwood

DryrotUK1985

I find it appalling that the company that built a gun gets blamed more than the asshat that points it at innocent people and willingly pulls the trigger. Nobody blames Chevrolet when a drunk kills someone.

R51Fan2017

Quote from: DryrotUK1985 on March 26, 2018, 11:54:59 AM
I find it appalling that the company that built a gun gets blamed more than the asshat that points it at innocent people and willingly pulls the trigger. Nobody blames Chevrolet when a drunk kills someone.

My feelings precisely. The terror attacks in New York and Paris both used trucks as the weapon to run over a bunch of folks. I never heard a word about banning trucks, or needing a background check to go buy a truck. Nobody takes responsibility for anything anymore.
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

Rog54

Oh My!

I think the old communist adage goes, "keep telling the lie".  In the attached video note the young man unknowingly using the gun grabbers created, inflammatory language, "assault weapon".  Please any of you correct me but I recall reading about this a couple years ago.  Our government doesn't call them assault weapons nor do the manufactures!  We need to be diligent not playing into their hands.  Now some one may see this video and hear that term being used, not knowing it is a tool of the anti gun movement.  And since the heard a pro-gun person use it they are strengthened in there wrong understanding. :(
Rog

Pat Riot

I am just glad they can continue on.