• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Fell in love again...

Started by plunkster, March 25, 2018, 04:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plunkster

So, took the R51 to the range yesterday for the first time in a while... 100 rounds (handloads with a wide variety of brass)... Not a single blip! I had kinda forgotten how great this massively underrated pistol is! Accurate, reliable, and, dare I say, VERY good looking! What a great pistol!!!

Pat

R51Fan2017

The looks of this pistol drew me the first time I saw it. Needless to say, mine functions just as well as yours, and I am still head over heels in love with this little gem. Massively underrated indeed!
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

Pat Riot

I like mine so much I do believe I will buy another.

johnnysR51

I LOVE  my R51 so much I went and Bought a 2nd one ,,,,,,,R51 Pistol Forum meet
     Sandy (Black} & Sammy {Gray}  now I will buy some grips to fancy them up,,,,
Sandy shoots so great now its time to see how Sammy shoots I just got back from buying AMMO , 1,.Blazer brass,,2.,fiocchi,,3.,Armscor,,4.,Remington,,5.,Lawman,,6.,Sellier&Bellot
all 115gr FMJ going to the range monday will give a report, spent a lot of time cleaning to
get it ready.

JohnnysR51's
Johnny'sR51

R51Fan2017

Nice pair Johnny! I need a smoke framed sister for Hilda (black Huntsville). Now I wish I wasn't embroiled in a tractor restoration project!  Life is expensive!
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

DryrotUK1985

Quote from: R51Fan2017 on April 07, 2018, 08:10:34 PM
Nice pair Johnny! I need a smoke framed sister for Hilda (black Huntsville). Now I wish I wasn't embroiled in a tractor restoration project!  Life is expensive!

Same here, but I am saddled with a 5.0 conversion in my daughters mustang.

R51Fan2017

Quote from: DryrotUK1985 on April 09, 2018, 12:47:09 PM
Quote from: R51Fan2017 on April 07, 2018, 08:10:34 PM

Same here, but I am saddled with a 5.0 conversion in my daughters mustang.

Lucky for her. I have a 5.0 but it isn't in anything at the moment. I also had a 65 Mustang. Wish I had never gotten rid of that one. As soon as I recover from this restoration, I will probably be on the look out for a late model Stang that has a blown engine that I can swap with this 5.0. What year model does she have? 

- Larry Elder

R51Fan2017

Sorry OP for thread hy-jacking.  ;)

- Larry Elder

Rog54

Well you guys,
Yes, I too like everything about this gun.  On another post I asked about magazines and one or several of you mentioned Grabagun.  Well darned, Pat I may have beat you to it!  Instead of buying magazines I bought a smoke grey R51 :).
Have you guys seen the prices there, on the standard black 51's, it is $265.  The grey was $309.
Rog
Rog

duoglide63

The "Pederson hesitation lock" sold me.This gun is dimensionally the same as a FEG PA-63(in 9mmMak), but with,IMO, less felt recoil.