• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

R51 Threaded Barrels Available!

Started by Engineerpower, March 22, 2018, 06:20:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineerpower

Threaded barrels are a GO! Find them at DANGERCO.US

DangerCo's online storefront is live, and we have 25 all-stainless threaded Gen II Factory Remington barrels available. These are standard Gen II barrels that we precision thread and extend with bored solid-billet 416 stainless rods. The Remington rifling and muzzle are untouched, preserving the factory barrel quality that built Big Green.

MSRP is $125, but to support this forum's community we're offering coupon code R51FORUM for $25 off, and we'll ship free!

As far as I can see, we are the only manufacturer in the word to produce threaded R51 barrels, and the only other option is to send in your entire slide assembly elsewhere to have your own barrel threaded for $160.

Proudly made in the US by a Veteran on US machinery! 10% of net profits go to charity
Cameron Husk
Dir, Engineering - DangerCo, LLC

"Therefore, worry not for the morrow; the morrow shall worry for itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." -Matthew 6:34

Engineerpower

The issues with Chase placing the first couple orders under review has been fixed, and the first orders have gone through smoothly via Paypal. First one was hand-delievered this morning!

Thanks!
Cameron Husk

"Therefore, worry not for the morrow; the morrow shall worry for itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." -Matthew 6:34

David

DUTCH Van Atlanta

Perhaps this is a really stupid question, but what is the purpose of adding that large extension to an easily concealable pistol?
"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." - Clint Eastwood

lklawson

Quote from: DUTCH Van Atlanta on March 23, 2018, 04:57:27 AM
Perhaps this is a really stupid question, but what is the purpose of adding that large extension to an easily concealable pistol?
I'm assuming that the intention is to allow the use of suppressors.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Engineerpower

Two main reasons: suppressors and compensators. The R51 design has much less flip that standard pistol geometry due to the low bore axis; by either redirecting the gas upwards/sideways the flip is reduced even further. This means you stay on target, rather than having to bring back and reacquire your target. Think steel and action shooting.

The R51 being a fixed barrel design, it is ideally suited for suppression. Pistols with moving barrels (Browning designs, Glock, Beretta, etc) require a Nielson device to allow semi-auto operation. Subsonic 9mm requires a smaller suppressor volume, so you can end up with a handy little package like what's on the top of the forum.
Cameron Husk

Engineerpower

Just a quick update, I'm down to my last 10 barrels from the first run! If you want em, come get one  :D

I'll be in Asia for summer, so this will be all the R51 products until Q4.
Cameron Husk

Engineerpower

I am officially sold out, and wanted to give the community a big

Thank You!

I hope we helped to drive up the interest in the pistol and this forum. The next item will be metal triggers coming Q4 this year or early Q1 next.
Cameron Husk

OhioR51

So, I must of gotten lucky and got one of the last barrels off eBay. I didn't know they were avliable here. Anyway, barrel fits great and cycles well. Look forward to getting to a range. Very happy with my purchase. I'm hoping you come out with a better trigger soon. I'll be onboard for that upgrade.
L

russc2542

Quote from: Engineerpower on June 02, 2018, 09:27:16 AM
I am officially sold out, and wanted to give the community a big

Thank You!

I hope we helped to drive up the interest in the pistol and this forum. The next item will be metal triggers coming Q4 this year or early Q1 next.

REALLY looking forward to that upgrade. if you want a beta tester, let me know, I'm just an hour or 2 down the road and can be a major trigger snob if you ask ;D

David

R51 with DangerCo barrel.  Griffin Armament tri-lug adapter (same kind as on the MP5).  Makes for easy on and off of suppressor. 

I think it looks better than the thread protector, even if its a little longer. 

mr220v

.22tcm barrels would be kinda cool too.

Engineerpower

Cameron Husk

Hasaf

Mine arrived today, the same day as I picked up my R51.

Engineerpower

Just an FYI, I'm down to our last 5. Probably will be a little while before the next run, metal anti-wobble triggers are the next item to run  8)
Cameron Husk