• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Re;; R51 Breech block

Started by johnnysR51, April 01, 2018, 11:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnysR51

I order a breech block said it was complete ,came bare , so I called and order a extractor , extractor button ,
extractor pin;;NOTE,, the pin is taper so it will only go in one way and comes out the top,(u can push the pin in the block and threw the extractor the last 1/16in u need a punch}  Now I also order a
firing pin ,firing pin spring , and 3 different firing pin pins,(as they did not have it on the picture in the manual and I guess that if it is not in the pic its lost) none will work ,{all came from Big Green} so if any body has to take out the firing pin pin, if you can measure it Please do and post the size , if it is tapper I will use a split roll pin , (the pin next to the firing pin is not the right pin)
Johnny'sR51

FlatEarther

Had the breech block apart a few weeks ago to clean. I bent a brass punch trying to drive the retainer out. Had to use steel.
The firing pin retainer is stepped not tapered.
It will drop in the chamfer side to hold the firing pin and spring, and must be driven until flush from there.
I didn't measure it... Joe

funflyer

That's the only pin that I haven't removed from my R51. The only pin on Numrich's site that I don't recognize is a stepped pin like Joe mentioned and could be the one.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1583270

FlatEarther

funflyer, that Numrich pin looks like it!... Joe

johnnysR51

Order the  "RETAINER PIN"  from Big Green will let u all no if it is the
right one
                                                                johnnyr51
Johnny'sR51