• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

#2 R51 gray Smoke

Started by johnnysR51, March 18, 2018, 12:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnysR51

Well I went to the range today and I now have 1019 rounds threw my #1,, R51,and I am very HAPPY with the pistol ,it should be broke now , and racks smooth, but I cannot rack it with 2 finqer's ,,,, and on Friday (3/16) I ordered a ""NEW R51 Gray smoke"" , hopefully it will be here Monday the 26th (ETA) , I hope, I get to put some rounds threw her but I may have to wait till November , as April 2nd I leave to go north, I may try to stall the departure but my WIFE may put the brakes on me, will keep you all posted also iam ordering 3 new magazines as they have good price I see blackie posted,, and I purchased action spring, action spring bushing, breech block, elastomer extractor button , extractor , extractor pin, firing pin , firing pin return spring ,(they are not sure what the pin is that holds the firing pin in) so they are sending 3 different pins that may work), slide stop return spring , and slide stop pin just to have ,,,

+++can anybody tell or knows what the pin is called that holds the firing pin in the Breech block????
       Thank You   Johnny'sR51
Johnny'sR51

R51Fan2017

Sounds like you put together a nice little spare parts kit! Look at your manual. I think the pin you are talking about is the hammer strut pin. If you look at the firing pin, there is an area that is machined flat, and about the same area where that hammer strut pin would be. Of course, it's hard to tell just looking at their diagram in the manual. That is my best guess for now.
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

1911SHOOTER

Quote from: johnnysR51 on March 18, 2018, 12:59:53 PM
  Well I went to the range today and I now have 1019 rounds threw my #1,, R51,and I am very HAPPY with the pistol ,it should be broke now , and racks smooth, but I cannot rack it with 2 finqer's ,,,, and on Friday (3/16) I ordered a ""NEW R51 Gray smoke"" , hopefully it will be here Monday the 26th (ETA) , I hope, I get to put some rounds threw her but I may have to wait till November , as April 2nd I leave to go north, I may try to stall the departure but my WIFE may put the brakes on me, will keep you all posted also iam ordering 3 new magazines as they have good price I see blackie posted,, and I purchased action spring, action spring bushing, breech block, elastomer extractor button , extractor , extractor pin, firing pin , firing pin return spring ,(they are not sure what the pin is that holds the firing pin in) so they are sending 3 different pins that may work), slide stop return spring , and slide stop pin just to have ,,,

+++can anybody tell or knows what the pin is called that holds the firing pin in the Breech block????
       Thank You   Johnny'sR51

Johnny,
     If you look in the manual for the R51, Remington tells us to "slingshot" the slide, instead of "Racking" the pistol.
in other words, lock the slide back with the retainer, insert the magazine, Pull the slide back and let it go.
Works like a champ that way.  In a tight situation, works better than trying an "Israeli draw".   ;)
All the best Johnny,
BTW, Check my avatar, the bone grips from Keefer look really sharp on my
Smokey!
Blackie 
So many guns, so little time!

1911SHOOTER

Quote from: johnnysR51 on March 18, 2018, 12:59:53 PM

Thank You   Johnny'sR51

Johnny,
It is the firing pin retaining pin.  Numrich does not have it. I checked.  You might need to call Big Green. Sorry Johnny!
Blackie
So many guns, so little time!

johnnysR51

1911 shooter::::::
        that's were iam getting the parts form (Remington)and they didnt know what or were the pin is its not in the manuel I quest ,,,, by the way all the parts off Remington are cheaper then numrich,   the action spring is 2,69 and its 6,50 I think from numrich,,, ck rem BIG GREEN out

JohnnysR51
Johnny'sR51

R51Fan2017

Quote from: johnnysR51 on March 18, 2018, 06:25:15 PM
1911 shooter::::::
        that's were iam getting the parts form (Remington)and they didnt know what or were the pin is its not in the manuel I quest ,,,, by the way all the parts off Remington are cheaper then numrich,   the action spring is 2,69 and its 6,50 I think from numrich,,, ck rem BIG GREEN out

JohnnysR51

Wow. So it's not in the manual, and they don't even know what it is called or what it is. The funny part is they designed and built this gun, and they can't even tell you what part you are after!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D      ALOL!!!!!!!!!
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder