• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Did i hear right

Started by johnnysR51, March 18, 2018, 09:38:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnysR51

March 18th deadline for Remington to file chapter 11, and Bank of America is backing away as admin. agent ,,,,anybody else here this

JohnnysR51
Johnny'sR51

funflyer

I read something about that also. Seems a newly formed trust company stepped in for BofA to fund the BR. Surely nobody could be foolish enough to think a weapons manufacturer could recover from an almost 1 billion debt in today's market.

I've had a bad feeling about this since the beginning.

R51Fan2017

Time will tell as far as this news goes. It is almost impossible to recover from 1 billion in debt period. Sad, sad, sad. Like I said, time will tell. It ain't over until it's over.
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

1911SHOOTER

Sean, Todd,
Look at it this way, we all have collectors items now.   
Blackie
So many guns, so little time!

DryrotUK1985

we better order our parts and pieces while we can

R51Fan2017

Quote from: 1911SHOOTER on March 18, 2018, 03:12:25 PM
Sean, Todd,
Blackie

They will be worth even more if they are new in box. You know what that means. Go buy another and keep it back, and in 20 years, it could be pretty valuable!  ;)
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

johnnysR51

went on line after shooter inform of sale put 3 mags in cart plus other parts ,,, went to get CC info and as I started putting it in I noticed the mags ere back to the reg piece call this morning and was told yep its over do I still wamt them ,,,, il wait for sale again
                                             johnnysr51
Johnny'sR51

funflyer

Quote from: R51Fan2017 on March 18, 2018, 05:14:45 PM
Quote from: 1911SHOOTER on March 18, 2018, 03:12:25 PM
Sean, Todd,
Blackie

They will be worth even more if they are new in box. You know what that means. Go buy another and keep it back, and in 20 years, it could be pretty valuable!  ;)

I'd gladly buy another and, just like the gen1 barrels on ebay, there should be a boat load of parts available for cheap.

Pat Riot

Interesting read on Remington's situation. Near the end of the article it appears that there may be some light at the end of the tunnel.

https://www.jayweller.com/remington-outdoor-co-remington-arms-set-to-file-chapter-11-bankruptcy/

R51Fan2017

Well at least they will be able to continue production while moving forward with bankruptcy proceedings. At least they are able to do that. There definitely looks like there is light at the end of the tunnel!

- Larry Elder