• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Auto Ordinance Thompson .45

Started by R51Fan2017, March 13, 2018, 01:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R51Fan2017

Just went to the local gun show last weekend and spotted a new in box Auto Ordinance Thompson. Only drawback is that it is a semi auto not full auto. The price tag was $2700, so sadly had to pass as that is too rich for my blood. Does anyone have one of these by chance? If so, would you recommend it? Also next to it was a NIB Ohio Ordinance 1918 BAR! Good times!!!!  8) I REALLY WANTED that one, but not with the $5000 price tag on it. I wish prices would tank!
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

1911SHOOTER

All a Tommy gun would do for you is use up .45 ACP ammo. 
Just think how much you save for that next pistol by not shooting
up all that .45 ACP ammo.
Blackie    ;D   
So many guns, so little time!

R51Fan2017

Quote from: 1911SHOOTER on March 13, 2018, 10:18:14 PM
All a Tommy gun would do for you is use up .45 ACP ammo. 
Just think how much you save for that next pistol by not shooting
up all that .45 ACP ammo.
Blackie    ;D

Blackie,

Very true. But steel case .45 is a lot cheaper than brass. By the way, I got 1000 rounds of 9mm for the R51 and P38 for $169.00. It was a mail order deal. I wish local prices were that good otherwise I would do my buying here in town.
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

Ben B.

A real Tommy gun is fun to shoot. A 16" semi auto is a heavy, awkward, underpowered imitation that is way overpriced at $2,500. You could buy a very nice rifle and decent glass for that money.