• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Locktite application on grip screws

Started by 1911SHOOTER, March 07, 2018, 09:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1911SHOOTER

Quote from: R51Fan2017 on March 14, 2018, 06:42:01 AM
Quote from: 1911SHOOTER on March 13, 2018, 10:21:42 PM

I guess we have more pilots n here than we thought.   Any body into Aerobatics?
Blackie

A good friend of the family was big into aerobatic flying and was the organizer for the airshows we used to have here in Shreveport. His name was Marion Cole, brother of the famous Duane Cole. First class man who whenever he spoke had something of value to say. He passed on a few years ago sadly. We used to participate in some of his shows with our Piper J-3 Cub (which we still have by the way). He did a car top landing routine with it one time. That was fun!

Did you guys ever do the "Drunk Pilot" looking at the plane and "falling" into the cockpit routine?
I used to do that in my Cessna 151 Aerobat, what a blask.
Blackie
So many guns, so little time!

R51Fan2017

Quote from: 1911SHOOTER on March 22, 2018, 03:29:13 PM
Did you guys ever do the "Drunk Pilot" looking at the plane and "falling" into the cockpit routine?
I used to do that in my Cessna 151 Aerobat, what a blask.
Blackie

Blackie,

We did. In fact, one time it was so convincing, the cops chased us. To no avail. We got airborne before they could catch us!!! They didn't know we were acting!
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

1911SHOOTER

Sean,
We    had a guy, looked like a drunk thug.  He would wander around the
field, among the spectators, getting ugly looks, and then would climb  up on the wing of a PA-28 and "fall" in the cockpit.  Needless to say, the engine got started,
and he took off.  made a helluva show.  Better than me in my C-150 aerobat! 
Blackie

R51Fan2017

Quote from: 1911SHOOTER on March 22, 2018, 07:15:07 PM
Sean,
field, among the spectators, getting ugly looks, and then would climb  up on the wing of a PA-28 and "fall" in the cockpit.  Needless to say, the engine got started,
Blackie

What made it so convincing is that we used old Bud Light beer bottles that were filled with apple juice! Pretty convincing! But there was no alcohol inside, just apple juice!
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

1911SHOOTER

Quote from: R51Fan2017 on March 22, 2018, 07:20:15 PM
Quote from: 1911SHOOTER on March 22, 2018, 07:15:07 PM
Sean,
Blackie

What made it so convincing is that we used old Bud Light beer bottles that were filled with apple juice! Pretty convincing! But there was no alcohol inside, just apple juice!

We always used an old Jim Beam bottle filled halfway with iced tea.
Blackie