• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

magazines

Started by Rog54, March 04, 2018, 12:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rog54

Hi Guys,

Been a while since I've been on.
I'm wanting to buy some magazines.  Which generates a couple questions.  Has Remington done any mods on the magazines since the second edition was released?  Do any of you have a good source for magazines and do you think some have a stock of older ones?  Don't really want to pay almost $40 from big green, but also don't want to pay $30 for an older version. (if that's the case).  Any suggestions?
I have been one of the fortunate ones who have had zero issues with my R51.

Thanks,
Rog
Rog

FlatEarther

I bought four back in July from J&G Sales online about $22 each + shipping.
P/N 17696 retail blister package "Copyright 2016"
Identical to the two that came with my Gen2... Joe

Pat Riot

Check out Grabagun online. I just bought 3 mags yesterday for $15.35 each. They were a little cheaper last week. These are Remington factory mags.

R51Fan2017

Quote from: Pat Riot on March 04, 2018, 02:28:56 PM
Check out Grabagun online. I just bought 3 mags yesterday for $15.35 each. They were a little cheaper last week. These are Remington factory mags.

Definitely good advice Rog. They are the cheapest I have found so far.
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

1911SHOOTER

Rog,
     If you can get the latest mags from Big Green, I believe the 2018 mags are
better and  have been modified.  Although Big Green has not said so.
I have 8 Mags.  First 7,  I got in 2017 had to modify them to get them to work.
I got number 8 in February, and it runs like a Singer Sewing Machine.
So could have Remington have modified the mags without telling us?
Blackie 
So many guns, so little time!

R51Fan2017

Quote from: 1911SHOOTER on March 04, 2018, 08:21:31 PM
So could have Remington have modified the mags without telling us?
Blackie

They could have. In which case they owe us royalties!!!!  ;D
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

Rocky150

Just picked up 2 from GrabaGun...will let you know how well they work.

RRR

1911SHOOTER

Rocky,
     Let us know, if they are in vacuum packs, or wrapped in plastic.
Blackie
So many guns, so little time!

Rocky150

You will be the second to know.   I am shipping off Charlotte to have her mag release pin fixed...same problem that I had with Huntsville but that seems resolved. 

RRR

Pat Riot

Pat Riot

I bought 3 magazine from Grabagun for my R51. They arrived yesterday. They are Remington factory mags in the cardboard and blister pack packaging.

R51Fan2017

Quote from: Pat Riot on March 13, 2018, 01:37:29 PM
I bought 3 magazine from Grabagun for my R51. They arrived yesterday. They are Remington factory mags in the cardboard and blister pack packaging.

So I got some from Remington that were loose in a bubble mailer (I expected them in factory packaging), and you buy them from a separate party and they come in factory packaging. Sheesh. What's up with that?

- Larry Elder

Pat Riot

Quote from: R51Fan2017 on March 13, 2018, 02:35:29 PM

So I got some from Remington that were loose in a bubble mailer (I expected them in factory packaging), and you buy them from a separate party and they come in factory packaging. Sheesh. What's up with that?

I do not know. When I had my original problems with my mags Remington sent me two that arrived in bubble-wrap envelopes. The ones I ordered from Grabagun came in the green Remington aftermarket package. According to Grabagun the part number on these is the same as the factory mags.

R51Fan2017

Quote from: Pat Riot on March 13, 2018, 06:30:28 PM

[I do not know. When I had my original problems with my mags Remington sent me two that arrived in bubble-wrap envelopes. The ones I ordered from Grabagun came in the green Remington aftermarket package. According to Grabagun the part number on these is the same as the factory mags.

I think I will try Grabagun next time. Thanks for posting Pat!

- Larry Elder

johnnysR51

looks like iam going to buy a couple magazines befor I go north , so while iam gone I will try the mod on one and see how it works when I get baqck

johnnysr51 THanks Guys for infpo
Johnny'sR51