• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Fully dedicated holsters; waiting for one!

Started by springfield art, December 13, 2017, 04:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1911SHOOTER

So many guns, so little time!

Chokejug

Thanks Blackie, but it seems to be for a bare pistol, not one with a CT laserguard.

Plus, I have a couple of those two clip models, and while they are comfortable, they are a PIA to get and keep adjusted.  From here on, its single, centered clips for me.

Now, one pure kydex holster that I recently acquired worked well, but was UNcomfortable!  So I added a leather backing.  Great! Super!

Found out how IWB holsters should be built!
Way better than leather only, kydex only or the so called hybrids as they are made today.
If I was younger, it would be a good business.

Engineerpower

For IWB carry, I use a Front Line 80010BK. Technically it's for a Beretta 92, but it fits my 1911, Glock 26, EAA Witness, and my R51. All leather, tuckable, VERY comfy, and a smooth draw.

Here's pretty much the same thing, listed at $27: https://www.amazon.com/Tuckable-Leather-Holster-Brown-Right/dp/B00EBBA2GG

Cameron Husk
Dir, Engineering - DangerCo, LLC

"Therefore, worry not for the morrow; the morrow shall worry for itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." -Matthew 6:34

Chokejug

Looks good, but I wear my belt so tight that it crushes the leather and reholstering without unbuckling the belt at least, is just about impossible.

And even worse with just a single, center clip, which I prefer.

And then of course, there is the laser.

1911SHOOTER

Choke,
     Have you thought of making your own holster?  I made one, and it is comfortable,
holds the pistol, and is concealable.   It is OWB.  In the summer, I wear a short
sleeved shirt one or two sizes to large, and it covers the pistol, if left untucked.
I am 83 and who is gonna suspect that I am carrying?
I canot post a photo, (above my paygrade), but it you PM me with your email addy, I will send you a photo if you are interested.
Blackie

Chokejug

Thanks Blackie.
I am pretty well set on holsters now, after modifying this last one.

Even enough to do some switching around now and then.
But I will send you a couple of pictures that you might enjoy.

I do have to learn and get set up to post some.
Just havent got around to cutting down the quality so as to be able to post them.
Seems sort of like having to remove some of a new roofing job, just to pass code!  (Been there, did that!)
Jug

Chokejug

Update:
After lots of looking and comparing with other guns I have, but never purchased a holster for, I ordered one each for two of them.  Really hoping that one or both might just also work for the R51s, both with CT Laserguards.

The first one being for my CZ Compact, (no laser or other protruding parts.)  It is very similar to the one that Cameron posted here, but by a diferent company.

Remove an inch or inch and a half of stitching right in front of where the trigger guard stops on the CZ, and restitch it straight across, and it will hold the R51s as well.  Shoe shop, here I come!

The other is a hybrid for the Ruger SR9c, IWB, that has extra reinforced belt holes along wth metal belt clips for wearing IWB.

Converting it to OWB would be as easy as removing those said metal clips.   And it too, holds the R51s with the lasers just fine as is..  Have been wearing that one, IWB, with one of the R51s all afternoon ands its one, if not the most comfortable yet.

Chokejug

Quote from: Engineerpower on January 26, 2018, 11:19:33 AM
For IWB carry, I use a Front Line 80010BK. Technically it's for a Beretta 92, but it fits my 1911, Glock 26, EAA Witness, and my R51. All leather, tuckable, VERY comfy, and a smooth draw.

Here's pretty much the same

Cameron;
I will have to try the Witenss in this one as well!

But check that listing out again!
I think it has went up a little!
Close to threefold, matter of fact!

johnnysR51

this is the IBW Holster I use
Johnny'sR51

1911SHOOTER