• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Hello to all

Started by DryrotUK1985, February 16, 2018, 07:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DryrotUK1985

Hello folks, the name is Chris. I joined this forum because I am going to be putting $ down on a r51 in a week or so, and y'all seem to be very helpful to each other.
A little background,  I live in upstate New York outside Binghamton.  Very rural.  Possess a few rifles. Some obtained before the a safe act. I am now focusing on some cc/defense weapons. I am former USAF worked with many things that go boom when dropped. I look forward to participating in your conversations.

funflyer

1911SHOOTER

Welcome aboard Chris.
     The more the merrier.
Thank you for your service!
Blackie
So many guns, so little time!

R51Fan2017

Welcome aboard Chris from Louisiana! You will love your R51 when you get her. I guarantee it! Glad you found us, and as Blackie said earlier, thank you sir for your service.

Sean
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

Chokejug

Hi Chris!
Welcome here, from  MO.

Binghampton, my ancestors came through there, in something like the 1830s
Closing in on 200 years ago now.
And that was after almost 200 years previously in CT.
(Just saw 7th great grandfather's house on the history channel a few nights ago.  Built in 1673, Wallingford, CT.)  The story is that George Washington stopped and held what would be called a "press conference" today, under the old elm tree in the front yard.  (Called the Elm Tree house for years after.  It was already 103 years old when GW swung by on his way back from Philly after being named General of the Continental Army!)
Binghampton had a different name back in the early 1800s.
Chenango, if I remember right.

AF and things that went BOOM when dropped, huh?
Been to both of those as well.
AF first, and then 39 years of producing the things that go BIG BOOM, when dropped!