• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Ruger SR-9E

Started by funflyer, January 12, 2018, 03:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

funflyer

Stopped in to the LGS this morning to check out some high capacity 9s. I could have gone home with several but decided on the Ruger since I didn't have a Ruger pistol in my inventory. She's all cleaned and lubed, ready to hit the range along  with the R51 next week.

1911SHOOTER

Todd,
     I have the RIA 1911 hi-cap in .22TCM/9mm.  Love it.   Shoots like a dream,
no muss no fuss.   Goes bang! every time.
Blackie
So many guns, so little time!

funflyer

Quote from: 1911SHOOTER on January 12, 2018, 04:11:07 PM
Todd,
     I have the RIA 1911 hi-cap in .22TCM/9mm.  Love it.   Shoots like a dream,
no muss no fuss.   Goes bang! every time.
Blackie

I've never handled a RIA 1911 until today and was extremely impressed with the fit and finish. A bit on the tight side but once broken in I think it would probably last forever. I fell in love with the Colt Navy Defender though. It's on my list, my dream list ;)

Chokejug

I too have the RIA, full size double stack in 9mm and .22 TCM.  After 81 years, my first true 1911.
I have never cared much for them and just plain hated Sig's little P938!  Plenty acurate, but just couldnt hit anything with it right out of the holster.
It was like learning to shoot again every time I used it!  Took at least a mag or two to start putting bullets where they were supposed to go, every time I used it!

CERTAINLY NOT A SD PISTOL, (at least for me!)
And then there was the problem with the safety.
Trying to carry it was scary!  The damed thing would be "off safe" at least 3 times out of 10 upon drawing it!  I even removed the "off side" safety lever.  No better!

Back to the RIA, hi cap.
They claim it holds 17 but mine will hold at least 19.
Havent fired the 9mm bbl yet having too much fun with the .22 TCM!
And too damn cold!

I will always remember the very first Govt .45 1911 I ever shot.  We had an instructor that was loaning his to about 5 of us.  My turn, he warned me about getting slide bitten.
When I touched the first one off, I turned my head back to him and asked if that one had been a slight dud.  He stomped off cussing about .44 mag shooters!
Those days are long gone, dont like the recoil much anymore.

1911SHOOTER

Choke,
     I am 83 years young, and have always carried a 1911.    The weight does not bother
me.    It reminds me that this is still mostly a free country .  (In most states)!
I carry it summer and winter.   In the summer,  I wear over sized short sleeved shirts
that adequately cover the OWB carried weapon.
Winter, no problemo, self explanatory.  I will occasonally carry my R51 in a leather
lined back pocket.    Cut a piece of leather the shape of your back pocket and keep
the pistol on the smooth side of the leather.    In the car,  It goes in the console.
Blackie
So many guns, so little time!

funflyer

Took the 9E to the range yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. Very nice shooter and extremely accurate. 2-1/2" group at 10 yards on the second mag (10 rounds).

Chokejug

OMG!

Was that a 6 O'clock hold?

OMG, put it between a pair of eyes at 20 yards, clean miss, way over his head!

Just funnin' you a little bit, but not my idea of a SD set up.

BTW, I like my Ruger SR9C as well.

funflyer

Quote from: Chokejug on January 17, 2018, 01:18:44 AM
OMG!
Was that a 6 O'clock hold?
OMG, put it between a pair of eyes at 20 yards, clean miss, way over his head!

I'll use the excuse that I've been shooting the R51 too much lately ;D

R51Fan2017

Pretty nice gun. Ruger sure seems to be blowing and going now days. Has anyone tried the new Security 9? It seems like a nice addition if you ask me.
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder