• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Take Down Made Simple?

Started by R51Fan2017, November 23, 2017, 09:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chokejug

Question: "So the hamer needs to be down"!

Am I getting this straight, we have another gun that "has to have the trigger pulled" before starting the take down????

R51Fan2017

Quote from: Chokejug on December 25, 2017, 09:57:56 PM

Am I getting this straight, we have another gun that "has to have the trigger pulled" before starting the take down????

Yup. Fraid so.
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

lklawson

Quote from: Chokejug on December 25, 2017, 09:57:56 PM

No.  Only if you want to try to use this particular "life hack" takedown technique.  To follow the normal takedown technique as described by Remington the hammer does not have to be down and you do not have to pull the trigger before disassembly.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

mr220v

I pull the slide off with the gun upside down.  I pull the slide back further to grab the serrations and to seat the block into the slide so that when I pull it off, the block doesn't obstruct.

Same thing when the slide goes back on.  Block has to stay clear of the rails and the barrel centered.  You also have to hold the extractor up.

With practice, I have disassembly down to the time it takes me to strip a 1911.  Slower than my cz75, but not bad.

Rog54

I'll say it once again!  Great find.  Just did it on my early NC, gen2.
Rog

R51Fan2017

I'm glad that I made some folks lives a little easier! Why Remington didn't print this in their manual I will never know.
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

funflyer

Quote from: R51Fan2017 on January 23, 2018, 01:46:37 PM
I'm glad that I made some folks lives a little easier! Why Remington didn't print this in their manual I will never know.

When the slide locks in the TD position, or close but not close enough for some of us, it's the hammer block that's actually locking into the hammer. For Remington to print it in the manual means they all better work or they'll be some shit-hemorrhages from many owners resulting in more returns to the mother-ship than they could handle.

lane87

My Huntsville R51does exactly what you described.