• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Big Green concerns

Started by 1911SHOOTER, December 17, 2017, 08:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1911SHOOTER

Does anybody believe that Big Green gives a fart about our mag problems?
Every body who complains to Big Green on the phone gets a new set of
mags which may or may not work.  50% of the time.  My Smoke I just bought
looks great, but 1/2 of the mags do not work.  Number 7 works great, number 6 is
a piece of crap.   The two I god sent to me were 50%!
I wonder how many are complaining to Big Green who are not on this forum?????
How can we get Big Green's attention?
You tube?  Facebook?  Both of these are above my pay grade.
Comments?????
Blackie
So many guns, so little time!

R51Fan2017

Heck Blackie. I've contacted Remington at least twice, and they just want to send me more mags. I hinted at re-designing it, but I don't think they wanted to pursue that. Youtube should have gotten their attention the first time. Granted everyone was complaining about the gun, and while they finally got the gun working fine now, the mags are still plaguing us. I wonder if we could write letters to the corporate head of engineering at the Big Green? I have no clue as to who he is, or how to get a hold of him, but there must be some way. Maybe you are right. Maybe we need to hit youtube hard and loud AGAIN. The firearms industry is not a market to be making screwups like this. YOU JUST CAN'T KEEP TURNING OUT S*** AND EXPECT TO COMPETE IN THIS MARKET!  I think there has to be a concerted effort to bring Remington down. There is no way any sane designer would turn mags out like this. Used to companies took advice from customers who saw potential problems, and made efforts to improve their product. Now, it seems they are only interested in saving money, and to heck with customer service or TAKING HINTS. You would think they would WANT to take suggestions from customers who have found problems with the current product and would do ANYTHING to improve or re-design, whatever is necessary to make it perfect. I guess we could assault them with emails, calls, and letters?? Like that's gonna do a lot of good.  ::)  Blackie..........you're making me rant again! :)
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

SCurmudgeon

I want to believe they care, but do they care enough to drop the other things they are working on to solve the problem?

We know that Remington is sucking air right now with significant debt, weak market, slumping sales, and turnover in executive management.  I'll bet the decision makers are focused on saving the company, and their strategy is most likely based upon shoring up their bread and butter / flagship product lines.  They may very well care, but with limited engineering and quality personnel, it may be a question of economics where they dedicate their resources.  We don't have visibility into the totality of their problems.

I do hope they get their act together because I've enjoyed their products over the years: a collection of 3 eclectic rifles, two workhorse shotguns, and now the R51.

funflyer

I'm not sure the left hand knows what the right hand is doing when it comes to how they're handling the mag issues. When I called they told me there were no parts or mags available and they were considering a redesign due to all the complaints they've been receiving. Someone over on Facebook said, when they called to report the full mag feed problem, that Remington wanted them to send their pistol back. Sounds like they're trying to get some customers to just live with the mag problems.

1911SHOOTER

I sent Big Green an email about the Mag problems and they are sending me another mag.
This makes 3rd one.   We should get paid for fixing the mags!
Blackie
So many guns, so little time!