• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Lowest and Highest Serial Number, Huntsville VS Charlotte

Started by R51Fan2017, December 11, 2017, 07:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R51Fan2017

Quote from: pfm41 on December 12, 2018, 07:50:59 AM
I understand that a Charlotte marked frame doesn't mean that it is Gen 1 because the first Gen 2 guns were assembled with those left over frame in Huntsville.  My question is, "Does the H prefix on on the s/n mean it is a Gen 2 assembled in Huntsville?"

From my research, yes, the H prefix does mean Huntsville.
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

Joel1947

Just bought a new R51 serial # H0171xxR51. Remington said it was made in 2017. Distributor must have had it for awhile. Looking forward to the range.

ulflyer

Bought from GunPro 1-11-19,  H006587R51,  Huntsville.

Indyman

Plain Old Dave

H0021xxR51

Huntsville Alabama marked, January 2017 per Remington.

ulflyer

Thanks Dave;  mine is in the 6580 range.  No telling how many they have made at Huntsville.  Wish I had got one with Charlotte frame since I'm from N.C.   :)

scouts owner

gold40

I recently purchased a USED R51 that has a 20,0xx serial number and is marked Charlotte.  Presumably it is a 2016 gun, and
likely 2nd generation.  This is all quite confusing, and I don't understand why Remington doesn't post accurate info on this topic?.

JERRY

Spitfireguy

Assuming the serial number of your "new" used gun begin with H02, is your gun is a Smokey model?

I have two guns, the black serial begins with H01, and the Smoke/Silver with H02

Spitfireguy

Oops, I see your gun is a Charlotte frame - both of mine are Huntsville; hence the H in the Serial.  Still is yours a smokey?

R51Fan2017

Quote from: Spitfireguy on February 25, 2019, 01:40:50 AM
Oops, I see your gun is a Charlotte frame - both of mine are Huntsville; hence the H in the Serial.  Still is yours a smokey?

He did say gray, so I am assuming that it is a smokey. So far all of the smokies that are out there are of Huntsville production.
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

Sirrus Rider

Just picked up a a CT edition.  Purchased from lockedloaded.com on 4/5 arrived in Houston, Texas on 4/17. It's a Huntsville gun S/N: H01034#R51

Zorba

My new R51 arrived today, #H0067xxR51. Sent off an email to Remington about the mfg date...
"The Veiled Male"

springfield art

Know what, guys, since Remington has discontinued these neat little pistols, I gotta think this Forum will kind of fade away after a while, but it's been fun, and
I like my R51 a lot. Hope to keep checking in and see what others' may post in the future. We've all learned a lot about our handguns, and that's what keeps this hobby interesting! Special thanks to the guys who provided 'after-market parts', which I've taken advantage of.   

Zorba

Quote from: Zorba on July 26, 2019, 11:15:54 PM
My new R51 arrived today, #H0067xxR51. Sent off an email to Remington about the mfg date...
Reply came back as "2017", no month specified.
"The Veiled Male"