• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Lowest and Highest Serial Number, Huntsville VS Charlotte

Started by R51Fan2017, December 11, 2017, 07:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R51Fan2017

Quote from: duoglide63 on April 30, 2018, 04:11:10 AM
Yes, Huntsville. I bought the second to keep NIB,but I'm thinking maybe I should preserve the 920. What do you think?

I think preserving the 920 is what I would do. Collector's usually go nuts over earlier serial numbers rather than later ones. But they are both your pistols, so it's your choice.  ;)
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

duoglide63

I think I will retire the 920 ser #. I got my answer back from Remington on dates of manufacture, Quote:"Good morning, both of these firearms were made in 2017. Thanks." That was less than informative!

R51Fan2017

Quote from: duoglide63 on April 30, 2018, 04:53:08 PM
I think I will retire the 920 ser #. I got my answer back from Remington on dates of manufacture, Quote:"Good morning, both of these firearms were made in 2017. Thanks." That was less than informative!

Funny. When I emailed them about mine, which is 20 thousand something (bad memory), they said it was made July 2017. I wonder why they didn't give you months?
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

duoglide63

I don't know, but I couldn't leave it alone. They got my reply, respectful and sarcastic.

The AR article, that convinced me to buy the pistol, featured ser # H015300R51 on the cover in October 2017

springfield art

I always wondered why people  were reluctant to publish the serial number of an old gun such as we see written up in gun magazine articles. I guess they are afraid someone would recognize the SN or try to claim it was property of others; you know, a guy could say, hey, that was my daddy's pistol, I want it back! Caution is always a good policy. I get a chuckle out of the "Smokey" nickname the gray models have now. Part of the fun all of the Forum people are having with this brand-new product, poring over every feature of it. It's interesting that some of the guys are buying two or more R51's. I'm glad I got mine and was not put off by the initial 1st Gen. recall. 

R51Fan2017

Quote from: springfield art on May 01, 2018, 12:02:02 PM
I always wondered why people  were reluctant to publish the serial number of an old gun such as we see written up in gun magazine articles. I guess they are afraid someone would recognize the SN or try to claim it was property of others; you know, a guy could say, hey, that was my daddy's pistol, I want it back! Caution is always a good policy.

More for security than anything else. From what I have heard, it is to easy for someone to see the number, report it as stolen and then......viola! You now have a stolen gun on your hands! Then all of the associated paperwork and legal work associated with trying to prove that it is rightfully yours can be a nightmare. I don't have a problem posting my full serial, but maybe I am a little bit foolish in doing so.

- Larry Elder

duoglide63

I would not publish the serial number of a gun that I didn't buy new and have the receipt for.

springfield art

Sirrus Rider

adding to the pool (and creating a zombie thread ;D) - 000796XR51 and it's a Charlotte North Carolina frame.

R51Fan2017

Sirrus Rider. Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum! Forget about Zombie threads, this is the place to post it! Better to keep all the pertinent info in one spot.

- Larry Elder

BillySteph

I live in the Huntsville area so I had to have them go in the back and grab a Huntsville vs a NC. They have pumped out more R51's quicker than I thought.  My serial # is H0043##R51. It's supposed to be a Christmas gift from the wife so it has to sit under the tree until Christmas Day. Can't wait!

snuffysmiff

I dunno-it ain't here yet! Just ordered me a smoke frame seein' as my RM 380 has been such a champ. It's supposed to be here next Wed. so-here's hopin' it's a good 'un! Also got 4 extra mags and some Buffalo Bore ammo on the way, too! Can hardly wait!

R51Fan2017

Well, yall got lucky for Christmas! I've already spent my gun allowance for the year, so will have to be more judicious with my spending next year, and I might get another one. Thanks to both of you for posting. Let us know what you get Snuffy! I'm right there with you in the waiting department! Also, please post a range report!

- Larry Elder

jestr4

pfm41

I understand that a Charlotte marked frame doesn't mean that it is Gen 1 because the first Gen 2 guns were assembled with those left over frame in Huntsville.  My question is, "Does the H prefix on on the s/n mean it is a Gen 2 assembled in Huntsville?"