• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Slide Impossible to Rack With Full Mag

Started by R51Fan2017, November 29, 2017, 08:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUTCH Van Atlanta

Quote from: lklawson on December 04, 2017, 11:20:17 AM

I've got a friend who is a Remington certified Armorer.  Apparently they've got some rock solid NDA's and are very happy with their own Engineers.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

"NDA" ??
"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." - Clint Eastwood

lklawson

Quote from: DUTCH Van Atlanta on December 05, 2017, 05:54:28 AM
Quote from: lklawson on December 04, 2017, 11:20:17 AM

I've got a friend who is a Remington certified Armorer.  Apparently they've got some rock solid NDA's and are very happy with their own Engineers.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

"NDA" ??
Non-Disclosure Agreement.

A legal document which outlines stuff you're not allowed to tell other people about.  Usually designed to protect legal interests such as R&D, product release schedules, Trade Secrets, or other business secrets.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

SCurmudgeon

Yeah, the problem comes in when the bean counters won't give production the go-ahead to implement what engineering says should be done.

Rocky150

I trimmed by follower today about 1/8 inch.   Works great.

JDCRAB

After reading this thread, I loaded my 2 mags and I can work the slide with them when they full and inserted.

Must be either magazine specific, or gun specific.
Fealty to the 2nd amendment forever.

Chokejug

As I said somewhere else on here, I think there is at LEAST 3 different magazine itterations.

And with just five magazines total, I have all 3 of them!

I also said, "DONT modify them, UNTIL you have checked them completely out and determined exactly what the problem/s are, if any.

The two that came with my first gun, both needed the follower trimed, and one is still not quite right.
Sometimes it will hold 7 just fine, other times only 6, unless you work with it until you get a click of what I believe is one spring coil overlapping another.  Then it hold 7 just fine. (I havent had it back apart again as yet.)

The third one had a much weaker spring, but works perfectly.  (Bought off E-bay)

The next 2 came with the second gun, (which btw, is older per the SN than the first gun bought).
I think these must have been recalled and replaced.

The first gun came from LGS, while the second came from Cabelas, on pre black Fri sale.

The springs in these two fell "in between" in strength, compared to the first two and the single from E-bay.

Again, #s 1 and 2 needed the bottom of the followers trimed.

Only thing wrong with the next three was that the little "follower stopper" bend in the front lip was overdone on one of them.  Bent it slightly back forward and have't had any other problem with them from day one.