• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Holsters, one more time

Started by Chokejug, November 24, 2017, 12:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chokejug

Since the gun with the laserguard is here now, I am serious about a holster to fit it.

The South American leather one I was using has of course worked for the non-laser one for sometime.
However, as with all leather IWB holsters, it is softening and starting to collaspe under the tight belt, when the gun is not in it.
No fun re-holstering when that happens.

Plus, the laser one rides abiut an inch higher, which makes this holster unacceptable as well.

What I really want is either straight Kydex or a leather/neoprene, kydex hybrid.

Single METAL clip, with or without cant adjustment.

Anyone know of such an animal?

Chokejug

I am finding a number of holsters, but none for the gun with a lasre!

I do have a new laser coming but not until next month.

I will have to send it to one of these, if I dont find something acceptable by then.

DUTCH Van Atlanta

Quote from: Chokejug on November 24, 2017, 11:23:37 PM
I am finding a number of holsters, but none for the gun with a lasre!

I do have a new laser coming but not until next month.

I will have to send it to one of these, if I dont find something acceptable by then.

Cross Breed makes several.  I have one of theirs, and it fits my R51CT perfectly.
"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." - Clint Eastwood

Chokejug

I have some of those "two belt clip" models.
Just too big and complicared.
Its not that they are uncomfortable, they  work well.
But are a pain to get and keep adjusted.

I have a couple of "on your six designs", single clip, none or few screws, "O" rings, etc.
So much simpler.
But they dont make one for the R51.

Chokejug

Still looking for a hard shell one, that will accept a CT LaserGuard, my belt tension just crushes leather ones.  Hard to get back in the holster after that.

DUTCH Van Atlanta

My R51CT with its Cross Breed holster.

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." - Clint Eastwood

Chokejug

Well, at least they make one that will fit with a laserguard!

I do need an IWB though.
Guess I had better look into them, thanks!

DUTCH Van Atlanta

Quote from: Chokejug on December 06, 2017, 06:52:06 PM
Well, at least they make one that will fit with a laserguard!

I do need an IWB though.
Guess I had better look into them, thanks!

Several available, but some look to be very bulky.  See here:

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/holster/remington-r51-crimson-trace-laserguard-lg-494-red-laser/

Chokejug

Thanks Dutch!

Only outfit that has them for the gun with the CT Laserguard that I can find.
And only a couple models that look good to me.

I want a single belt clip, but don't like the looks of that plastic one, behind the actual holster.
While it might be OK, I would rather have spring sheet metal.

In any case, I haven't been able to order one, all day today.
It either goes to "Page not available", when I try to order, or just goes bank again after I have put in all the particulars.

Plus, I don't get their two "add on" extras,  the J Hook, or the "V clip"?
If I thought the V clip was metal, I would likely be happy.  But it's not clear at all, at least to me.

But, we will get there, sooner of later.
Likely have to call them Monday.

1911SHOOTER

Quote from: Chokejug on December 09, 2017, 03:45:38 PM
Thanks Dutch!

Only outfit that has them for the gun with the CT Laserguard that I can find.
And only a couple models that look good to me.

I want a single belt clip, but don't like the looks of that plastic one, behind the actual holster.
While it might be OK, I would rather have spring sheet metal.

In any case, I haven't been able to order one, all day today.
It either goes to "Page not available", when I try to order, or just goes bank again after I have put in all the particulars.

Plus, I don't get their two "add on" extras,  the J Hook, or the "V clip"?
If I thought the V clip was metal, I would likely be happy.  But it's not clear at all, at least to me.

But, we will get there, sooner of later.
Likely have to call them Monday.

Choke,
     I made a holser for my R51/CT  and it works great.    There are plenty of websites dedicated to making gun leather,
and I really enjoyed making my holster,  in fact, I have holsters for my  1811s,  my Rugers, Remingtons and Tokarevs.
Oh, and my Colt 1903s and 08s.
Blackie
So many guns, so little time!

Chokejug

Thanks Blackie, and I have thought about making my own as well.
But I don't want leather, at least not all leather, much as I like it.

I need one IWB, and leather "crushes", which makes re holstering tough.

Kydex, Carbon Fiber or even polythene, something that does not crush shut while the gun is out of the holster.  I am using a leather one from Paraguay right now, sort of fits the gun with and the one without a laser.  One goes a little deep, the other, not quite deep enough.  But once I remove either gun, it crushes shut 50 percent or more right now, and will continue to crush even farther as time goes on.

I have a couple of holsters for Sig 320s, no safeties whatsoever, the holster is ACTUALLY the safety, period!  It snaps in and out, just perfect!  But I have to admit, I still get the hebbie jebbies pushing those things into IWB holsters!  Much as I hate lever safeties, I wish I had got them on those two guns.

The holsters are not pretty, but fit so perfectly, (just like they should under such circumstances), it's actually amazing.  Light, thin, smooth and comfortable.  And no crushing!
If those guns were a little thinner, I likely wouldn't have been looking for these single stack Remingtons.

They came from "On Your Six Designs", and would be the cats meow for these as well.  And almost dirt cheap!  Guess I need to send them a laser, and possibly the gun as well.

I have found one, finally,  a little more expensive than I had hoped, but having a problem getting it ordered.  Didn't try today, was gonna call, but that didn't work out either.
Over the weekend, I could almost get the order completed, and then things would lock up and couldn't finish.

Right now, I am fighting things to get some pictures of the new grips posted here, but having problems.  My pics are coming out too big, and the system can't handle them.  I am not savvy enough on these things to know how to fix the problem.

Jug