• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Defensive pistol course

Started by armed citizen, July 26, 2017, 06:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armed citizen

This is the course I took=http://www.roguepg.com/defensive-pistol-1
A very humbling experience.  I barely passed the test at the end of the course.  The course ran from 9am to 4pm with an hour break for lunch and two 20 minute breaks (one morning, on break in the afternoon).  150 rounds thru my R51.  No FTF.  I will practice what I learned  with snap caps (A zoom snap caps) dry firing until I feel I have the defensive pistol techniques that I learned down pat.  Then I will re-take the course.  I am a humbled shooter that with practice, will become a true "gun fighter"!
armed citizen

SCurmudgeon

I'm not asking you to cut open a vein if you don't want to, but what aspects of the course did you find the most eye-opening and challenging?

armed citizen

Speed and accuracy under pressure.  Easy to get fliers, and hard not to feel awkward.  Had to shoot with both hands, left hand, right hand, behind barricade, on left knee, then switch right knee, while shooting the whole time and checking over left shoulder, then right shoulder!  What a tough course to pass!!!!!
armed citizen

Zenshot

It's difficult enough shooting a target beyond 10 yards at the range.  Trying to shoot with any degree of accuracy while under physical and mental stress seems like a skill with a steep learning curve.
-David

Ranger 869

Boy Citizen,  It sounds like you took a more advanced defense course. Unless you're pretty advanced with the tactical and physical approach to defense pistol shooting you need to start with a basic or starter course... Ranger 869