• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Defensive pistol course

Started by armed citizen, July 10, 2017, 06:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armed citizen

I will be taking this coursehttp://www.roguepg.com/defensive-pistol-1 with my R51 pistol on July 21st.  Will give a report on how my R51 and I did!
armed citizen

Thom9mil

Looks like a good class. Good luck. Yes let us know how the R51 performs for you.
Regards.
Remington R51, DW Guardian, Fusion CCO, Kimber Micro 9 and some 22's.

armed citizen

My R51 performed flawlessly for 150 rounds of 115 grain Federal ball ammo.  I did put some ladder step non slip tape (it is made by 3m and you can get a roll of it for 11 bucks) in front of the trigger guard to put the index finger of my left hand in front of the trigger guard for a much better control of the R51.  Proper grip is critical to accurate shooting.  I must say that the R51 is the most comfortable shooting pistol I have ever fired.  After 150 rounds thru the defensive pistol course my hand was not even tired.  I did wear a wrist brace that I bought at big 5.  I feel much more confident with my R51 after taking this defensive pistol course.  One must practice with perfect technique to be proficient.  I hope I never have to use my R51 to defend myself or the innocent, but if I have to I will use it.  Hope that day never comes!!
armed citizen