• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

remington r51 grips

Started by keefersgrips, May 17, 2017, 07:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keefersgrips

hello, i am a new member of this forum. i own a gen 2 r51 and am very pleased with it. it is my primary carry weapon. when i purchased it i saw a need for after market grip. ihave large hands and thought thicker grips might improve handling so i made a set for my gun. i thought other owners might like them so i made. a few and put them on ebay and they sold. if anyone is interested they can be seen on ebay and also on gunbroker. just enter remington r51 grips. let me know what you think.

Thom9mil

Remington R51, DW Guardian, Fusion CCO, Kimber Micro 9 and some 22's.

Texas-Mark

Nice grips. While probably a lot more work, I think people would like something like these that never appeared to make it to market.

keefersgrips

to texas mark, the grip you show were made by machine for remington for the first gen r51;s they only made them for a short while.

Robert

Quote from: Texas-Mark on May 17, 2017, 12:35:07 PM
Nice grips. While probably a lot more work, I think people would like something like these that never appeared to make it to market.

These grips could easily be made on a CNC mill.

Hay keefersgrips I went ahead and placed a link to your auctions. Unlike some forums I don't have any problem with that sort of thing, linking to a ebay auction or some other site that sells things, no matter if it is your site or a site you are not affiliated with as long as it is on topic and since you are selling grips made for the gun this forum is about, that certainly qualifies as "on topic"

keefersgrips link >> http://www.ebay.com/usr/keeferja?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Please confirm I got it right and this is your ebay ID I linked to.

Thanks for joining up BTW.

Robert

keefersgrips

thats the one. thanks for the encouragement. i was thrown off of also would mention that there is  one forum for being a "vendor".didnt know any better. also would mention a new rebate for the r51 from remington . might check it out at remington

Olds

Bought a pair of yours and love them ....Thanks
Now for some checkered or textured and Ill be back ;-)

keefersgrips

there is  a set of  walnut grips on ebay and a set on gun broker.the one on ebay is multicolored grain and the one on gb is dark walnut. both are checkered.

keefersgrips

the wood grips are no longer listed on gunbroker. only on ebay now.

JohnnieHostile

I got a set from ya on e-bay 3 months ago. They are nice😊

DUTCH Van Atlanta

I just installed a set of hand checkered walnut grips from keefersgrips.  They are a significant improvement over the factory grips in that they are slightly thicker, which improves the grip for my large hands - although not as much as I would like.  I think the only thing that would make it better for my hands would be if the grip held a double stack magazine, which is not possible.

They also improve the overall looks of the pistol.  I'm very happy with my purchase and recommend them highly.
"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." - Clint Eastwood