• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

rough side action

Started by thefed, April 26, 2014, 05:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thefed

I'm finding that the one I bought is rough acting(slide), its like things just don't line up and the slide is hard to  work. 😢  Has anyone had this problem? Over all I do like the gun😊.

T3

Guys,  I broke down my R51 and removed the guts and thoroughly cleaned all of the parts again.  Then laid the oil on real heavy on all of the sliding parts and put them back together and put the slide on.  I did not put the slide release back in.  I then racked the slide several hundred times, re oiling as needed .  I cleaned it all again.  It is amazing how much easier the action is now.  Iran through another 200 Winchester 147 grain without an incident again. I don't know if this is something that will help others, but it just keeps getting better for me and my R51.
Also,   I bought a T-Fit ankle holster that works great.  Instead of the hard molded fitting that it comes with,  I slid a 1/2" polyurethane padding cut to fit which works better for me.  Good luck.  T3

e.engineer

Thanks for tips T3, I haven't been back to the range yet. but I may rack the slide 100 or more times with the slide lock out like you did.   Before going to the range the first time my slide was not that rough but did feel kinda gritty.  I racked it maybe 100 times before taking it apart and cleaning before my first range trip.  I do think it feels better after the first trip to the range, but that could be in my head.