• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

After Market Parts

Started by paul7177, June 01, 2017, 10:07:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul7177

Other than grips, has anyone seen after market parts for the R51? Magazine improvements, etc.

1911SHOOTER

Quote from: paul7177 on June 01, 2017, 10:07:21 AM
Other than grips, has anyone seen after market parts for the R51? Magazine improvements, etc.

paul7177,
I have seen no after market parts advertised yet.   The only magazine improvements have been done by us owners by communicating with
each other.   I feel that the after market industry is leery of Remington and the R51 after the almost 3 year fiasco.  Lack of communication
from Big Green, and lack of proper support has left a bad taste for the industry and customers.  I really love my R51 as do many others,
but in the back of my mind is "what do we do if something breaks"?   Send our guns to Lower Slobovia, Georgia to be placed in limbo
for months?"   There is no website that I know of where factory parts can be ordered. 
That being said, I feel that there would be a great market for a new trigger, sights and maybe Mec-gar mags for this pistol. 
Just my opinion.
Blackie

So many guns, so little time!

Texas-Mark

There are night sights and Crimson Trace makes a laser, but not really much else out there.