• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

R51 Range trip

Started by midstroke, December 04, 2016, 04:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midstroke

Well, I took the R51 to the range today to shoot 7 and 10 yard. Standing unsupported slow rate but not target speed. At 7 yards i had a 3" group and at 10 had 2.25". Yeah that confused me aswell. Got out the PM9 and at 7 had about a 3" and 10 had roughly a 5". I tried everything i could to get the R51 not to run as i want to carry it. Shot full mag sideways ghetto style, a mag one handed slow and one handed fast. Never did get a failure 75 rounds of wwb. I honestly believe these guns need to be greased. I grease all my guns only place i oil is trigger groups and outer finish.

lklawson

Quote from: midstroke on December 04, 2016, 04:59:32 PM
Well, I took the R51 to the range today to shoot 7 and 10 yard. Standing unsupported slow rate but not target speed. At 7 yards i had a 3" group and at 10 had 2.25". Yeah that confused me aswell. Got out the PM9 and at 7 had about a 3" and 10 had roughly a 5". I tried everything i could to get the R51 not to run as i want to carry it. Shot full mag sideways ghetto style, a mag one handed slow and one handed fast. Never did get a failure 75 rounds of wwb. I honestly believe these guns need to be greased. I grease all my guns only place i oil is trigger groups and outer finish.
My experience is that the R51 likes grease on the rails and the Peddersen block.  Oil everything else.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

valvestem

I'll have to try some grease on mine, thanks you two. ;D