• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

My Experience & Solid Trigger option, or any other Sights?

Started by Griffbl, November 14, 2016, 08:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffbl

I just purchased my R51 from Cabela's....paid a bit more than many of you, but that was my best option given location and transfer fees from other dealers.  I have shot the pistol some and it worked very well.  It seemed accurate, no problems, great ergonomics and nice looking.  I also think it represents good value.

Does anyone know if I can get a solid trigger for my R51?  They just LOOK so much better to my eye.  Also, I would love some simple BLACK sights.  These three dots sights look fine, and work ok, but I prefer all black...Novak esque, etc.  I have seen some tritium sights, but nothing like I describe.  Many thanks!

Robert

Hello  Griffbl

If you seriously want all black sights why not just paint the ones you have? You can paint over the white dots, might take multiple coats. Or, you could take a small pointed object such as a small needle, or maybe a small drill bit, remove the paint from the dots and then use some black paint and viola, all black sights.

Is that the results you wanted? Why pay a big price and go through removing and re-installing sights - some times hard to do though I do not know how hard it would be on the R51.

If you are not the do it yourself type, perhaps you know some one who is, or you could possibly find a local gunsmith to help you for probably not more $$ then replacement sights would cost.

BTW, I can not deal with all black sights myself. My son bought a Springfield Armory MC Operator .45 and it had all black sights, we were at a dimly lit range and the sights had no contrast, it was black front sight, black rear sight and dark target and everything just melded together. Each shot required concentration in order to properly discern and align front sight, rear sight and target, then when I had it just right, boom. I shot well with the gun, but slowly. Actually I like the gun so much I went out and bought one, but found one with white dot sights.

kawa

Count your blessings as the trigger, as "Hokey & cheap" as it is, is the only part of this disaster that appears to work as designed,

Rog

lklawson

Quote from: kawa on December 21, 2016, 10:10:46 AM
Count your blessings as the trigger, as "Hokey & cheap" as it is, is the only part of this disaster that appears to work as designed,

Rog
Really?  The guns seem to work pretty well.