• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

new guy

Started by oldmagnolia, September 29, 2016, 11:06:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldmagnolia

I just signed up on this forum and I may be in the wrong spot to introduce myself, if so let me know. I am retired and enjoying life in Tennessee after having worked all over the country.  I took delivery on my R51 yesterday and after the initial field strip and cleaning I went out to fire my new pistol.  I tried to chamber the first round and it would not go. The first round will not chamber when trying with seven rounds in the magazine.  If I remove one round the pistol functions normally.  The ammunition being used is Winchester 115 gr FMJ, white box stuff.
Has anyone else had an issue like this?  I have since inspected my pistol and cannot find anything suspect.  I am going to try again today time permitting.

Robert

Thanks for signing on.

Let us know how it goes next time you get a chance to fire your R51, but do it
in the R51 general discussion section here >> http://r51pistol.com/r51-general-discussion/.

Thanks
Robert

valvestem

Welcome to the forums oldmagnolia, there are some fellas reporting the same issue with failure to load the first round when the mag is loaded with seven.  One workaround was to lock the slide back with seven in the mag and load by releasing the slide.  Good luck, keep us posted please.

oldmagnolia

Valvestem, thanks for the input and that works well.