• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

OK YOU SPAMMER Basterds

Started by Robert, September 19, 2016, 03:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert

HA, did you guys see the tidal wave of spam post, holy crap there was like 30 of em all posted in one day.

So unfortunately, since the "Spammers R US" spam mill has found us here, I have had to configure the forum for admin approval of all new members.

No choice really as this wave of spam had to stop.

So, new members who sign up please allow a bit of time for me to see the new member notice and approve you.

Thanks
Robert

valvestem

You need a trusted person to help you with the spam.

DanOh

Great call, Richard.  It's lonely at the top but someone has to be "The Man".

1911SHOOTER

Some idiots just cannot stand it when people are having a great time on a website. Probably
over in India or Nigeria. Glad they are gone Robert. You did good.
So many guns, so little time!

Robert

The people who post these spam links articles actually are just people from India or some third world country who are paid to do stuff like this.

Google ranks websites in many ways, one of those ways is how many links the website has from other websites.

Unscrupulous website promotion companies advertise to website owners how they can increase your rank in google so more people can find you.

After the website owners signs up and pays these guys, they farm out the work of posting thousands of links to the website owners website.

These third world forum spammers get paid something like a penny for every article/link they post.

This is why once they found out they can sign up and gain access here, they made up a bunch of user names and went to work posting their links.

Some poor bastard probably made 15 or 20 cents for posting the 20 or so articles with the link in them.

They hope the forum owner is not paying attention and does not catch the users/articles/links posted.

On many huge forums with hundreds of thousands of members and millions of post, it would be really hard to find all this stuff from these guys.

Forum members who see it will usually report it though, that is what several people did here.

This forum is small enough so I will find these guys myself though, but some times it would take me a few days.

In the end, many of the articles and links these guys post all around the internet stays up and does not get deleted so this actually works.

They also do replies to blogs as well as forum postings, though there is a really good system for blogs that rejects their spam post automatically. Unfortunately there is no such automatic system available for forums.

I know all this because I administrate over 100 websites of all types for myself and for customers. I do not accept new website customers any more as I am getting in to other types of things and do not wish to remain in the website business were I build websites for customers, though I will always keep my own sites online such as this site.

Robert

Chokejug

George Soros is paying bunches of spammers on anything that is a political site or more social media as well!